In this episode of Podcast: The Wreckening the crew talks about playing RPGs with battle maps and miniatures.
- Pros and cons of using battle maps and minis
- Better tactical experience for players
- Total player control of combat
- Helps with visualization
- Maps can help with immersion
- Collecting and painting minis is fun!
- Makes combat into a tabletop war game
- Provides players with information that their characters might not have the background to exploit
- Can break immersion
- Requires significant prep time
- More stuff to transport
Podcast: The Wreckening is a production of The Wrecking Crew and a proud member of the Prismatic Tsunami Podcast Network. We’d love to hear comments, suggestions and questions from you! You can reach us via Facebook, Twitter, or drop us a line at email@example.com.
Hosts: Dave, Josh, John, Darrell and Adam
Music provided by: http://www.purple-planet.com